Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Khaya Now
Bite into a brownie baked fresh in South Africa by The Khaya Cookie Company-- kay'a (meaning "home" in Xhosa), and change a life. The company creates employment for the men and women of the Khayelitsha township where one million people live below poverty and one out of every four children suffers from malnutrition. The holidays are all about giving. Why not give the gift of good, honest, work--and chocolate? If you order now, Khaya promises they'll get your order to you by December 25th.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Have you tried these? They look good!

The Chocolate Nerd said...

Really? I think they look kind of weird, but I plan to order to support the cause. :)

Darlene said...

really? I read the site, and just from the sounds of it, I think they'd be so good.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

Well, I just ordered a few. I'll update as soon as I get a taste:)

Khaya Cookie Company said...

I ordered these and they ARE FANTASTIC!!! I haven't ever had a brownie like this. W-O-W. I called and personally placed my order with the company's owner, Alice, and she was so nice. She took the time to tell me all about the company and you can see how much she cares about what she does.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

I ordered a few for the holidays, and couldn't help but give them away as gifts (so I haven't yet tasted them) to my brother and Darlene--it's on it's way to Canada!
My brother had been to the township so he loved the idea. Thanks for the feedback! I plan to order a few more sometime soon.

brother of the nerd said...

the bownie was tasty, im an avid chocolate and brownie lover , it gets a double thumbs up! i would definitely eat more of these, the all natural ingredients are a plus.... thanks sis :)