Thursday, December 14, 2006


Pa RUM pum pum pum...
T'is the season, if ever, for overly-spiked nog and other liquor inundated treats. In the spirit, I ordered a six pack of assorted mini Tortuga Rum Cakes. I had fond memories of the super moist, golden rum soaked cakes from Caribbean holidays past. I was excited to sample the chocolate. I ate the entire 4oz. bundt in a matter of minutes, well, seconds... It was just so chocolatey while still managing to be buttery, light, and fluffy. And while the Tortuga version contains just enough rum to authenticate the taste, it's not nearly enough to feel debaucherous. I plan to douse mine with a little extra for good measure. Each cake comes individually wrapped making it the perfect little gourmet something to give...

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I've never had rum cake! I'm normally not a big fan of liquor flavored desserts.