Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Ties Vs Toffee
If your debating what to get dad for Father's Day, let me give you a little tip--the same old ten dollar necktie is a pretty lame idea while a box of Enstrom's Almond Toffee would kick the tie's behind and look pretty handsome sitting on dad's wooden desk. The toffee is made with only four ingredients-California almonds, sweet cream butter, pure cane sugar and milk chocolate. Then it's finished with a powdery coating of crushed almonds. The result is extremely almondy, not overly chocolatey, definitely awesome. 

7 comments:

Shania said...

This recipe seems so unique just by looking at the image. It has a rough texture but still looks so delicious. Gosh! I'm really a chocolate nerd like you, lolz.

neyaprozac the fluoxetinereader said...

Oh, forget Daddy! I would eat them up myself and leave the traditional father's day tie on his desk instead teehee.These toffee bars look like a dream!

street fruit said...

OMG, yummy!

BIO said...

Wow, an almond-y taste can always bring a distinct flavor to any chocolate treat. This gives me the idea if foregoing father's day gifts that are not edible for edible ones.

Darlene said...

This looks absolutely fantastic. My Dad isn't a chocolate person, so I think I'd order it & eat it in his honor. ;o)

Leslie said...

This looks mouth watering. I love toffee’s and thanks for posting this by the way. My sister and I love chocolates. I can’t think about life without these sweets.

Diane said...

Great looking dish! Make me hungry!