Monday, January 08, 2007

XOCRIOLATA
My darling best friend was flown to Berlin for her company's holiday fete. We'd hate her, only she brought us back this fabulous chocolate, which proves she was thinking of us--even while partying well into the night with leather clad locals. Apparently, she picked these up in the supermarket where she encountered an entire aisle full of yummy chocolates. Reportedly, one can pick up a single box containing a huge variety of chocolate--from the super sweet candy-like milk chocolate, to very pure, dark chocolate with little sugar. XOCRIOLATA's 55% with an orange bouquet is quite nice, it has a strong citrus flavor with an unexpected crunch, I believe of crystalized orange. The 72% dark has a smooth, creamy consistency. According to the German blogs, they seem to really dig this brand. I think I'm hooked as well. Too bad I'll have to wait till next year to get my hands on some more:)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Have you tried import stores? I'll bet you'd probably find it there.. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate - probably because I don't think I've ever had some really good stuff. I think I'll mosey on into our import store here to see if I can check this one out.

Have a good day!