Wednesday, November 05, 2008

OBAMA!
Was ecstatic to usher in a new era last night upon the announcement of the upcoming President of the United States of America with the students from Columbia University,
his alma mater, as they took to the streets, stopping traffic, hanging from light posts, beating on pots and drums, blowing whistles, chanting "Obama" and waving to buses, taxi cabs and passersby, while residents waved from rooftops and windows during an impromptu parade from Broadway and 115th street to the celebratory gathering on 125th street and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd, in Harlem Last Night. My feet are a bit blistered from running through the streets in high heels, but it was well worth every invigorating minute of it. I must have hugged and or smiled at a million strangers...wow. This is beyond. This is history.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

It was definitely a historic moment - one of those time that you'll always remember where you were. :o) Even when you're running around the streets, you're still in high heels! You go, girl!

The Chocolate Nerd said...

I know, totally silly move, was about to wear sneakers, but wanted to look cute instead. I've been the same since I was 5, Mom says I insisted on patent leather shoes, then danced the night away at a family wedding, had to be carried home blistery and in tears! :( Some people never learn! But it was still an awesome night:) even if I did limp home. Ha!

Light Traveler said...

Wish I could have been there. Here in laid back LA, I was home watching it on television with goosebumps as my companion! That's what I miss most about New York: Sharing national and international events with everyone in public arenas and people willing to feel a bit of pain to look stylish!