Thursday, September 28, 2006


Dylan’s Digs
Served up by the daughter of Ralph Lauren, Dylan's Candy Bar is a destination for those sweet on classic Americana. I stopped by on an afternoon jaunt through the Upper East Side to find the shop filled with fanny-packed tourists ooohing and aahhing over the selection of NYC taxi shaped cookies and chocolate Statue of Liberty keepsakes. Small children scoffed down gummy worms and begged to take home rock candy, peanut brittle, and licorice strings. Gigantic Wonkaesque lollies swirl in dizzying primary colors and Shirley Temple tunes blare from the speakers. I waited on line a cool five to ten minutes to make my purchase. But I’m a not bellyaching--this multi-flavored, 18 piece chocolate sampler makes for a great gift.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

ooh, I've never heard of this place, but I've got it bookmarked! I think I may have to order some stuff from there - hope they deliver to Canada...This stuff would make wicked cool Christmas presents.

K and S said...

will add it to my list for NYC, thanks for sharing!

C... said...

I think this would be a great office gift for co-workers.

Whoosh said...

I've been meaning to check this place out and haven't gotten to it yet.

Did you think it was worth it? Talk about eye candy!

The Chocolate Nerd said...

It was fun if you don't mind crowds.